PATIENTPAY PRIVACY STATEMENT
The web site located at WWW.PATIENTPAY.NET (this "Site") is owned and operated by PatientPay, Inc ("PatientPay"). This PatientPay Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information PatientPay collects, and how PatientPay uses, shares and protects that information.
If you do not agree to every provision of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse or use this Site. By accessing, browsing and/or using this Site following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement, you accept these changes. In addition to this Privacy Statement, you shall be bound by any additional terms, guidelines or rules that may appear throughout the Site.What information does PatientPay collect and how is it used?
PatientPay collects two basic types of information through the Site: "Personal Information," meaning information from which an individual can be identified, and "Aggregate Information," meaning information from which an individual cannot be identified.Personal Information
When you register at this Site, you will be asked to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other information. We may also request additional optional information during registration, such as your doctor preference, to assess the scope of our customers' health needs as we determine future application development and site improvement. Once you provide us with your Personal Information, you are not anonymous to us.
If you decide to purchase any services or products from this Site, we will need to collect your credit card number, credit card expiration date, credit card type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express account information), and billing name and address ("Payment Information"), in order to qualify and bill you for these services or products. In addition, you will provide us with information about your doctor, appointment time, and the services you intend to receive.
We use Personal Information collected through this Site for the purposes of:
- Administering and processing orders and accounts relating to customers or subscribers.
- Identifying potential customers or subscribers.
- Analyzing and managing our workload or business activity.
- Administering orders and accounts relating to suppliers of goods or services.
- Conducting market research analysis.
- Providing you with information about our products or services or the products and services we offer jointly with or on behalf of other organizations.
- Emailing you important information about the Site, your services and appointment, payment, or changes to our terms, conditions and policies. This information may be critical to your use of this Site and as such, you may not opt-out of receiving these emails.
When you visit this Site, we examine your browser type to ensure compatibility between our applications and the various Web browsers used to access this Site. We also collect aggregate information automatically from cookies about your visit to this Site.
We analyze Aggregate Information from users for the purpose of enhancing web site security and tracking use and traffic levels on this Site, so that we may provide content relevant to your interests, and improve this Site and related services.Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose Personal Information about visitors of this Site, except as described herein. We may share information provided by visitors of this Site with:
- PatientPay Business Partners. PatientPay collects information from this Site and may share that information with partners at the direction and request of its partners, such as doctor's offices, who are offering our service to their users. For example, we will share the information you provide at our site with the doctor's offices where you set appointments. The Personal Information PatientPay provides to its partners is subject our partners' privacy policies once it is in their possession. These partners maintain their own privacy policies. PatientPay does not exercise any control over, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of its partners.
- Service Providers. PatientPay works with third parties who provide services, including credit card processing, data analysis, marketing studies, and other administrative services. For example, we use certain third party providers to process your credit or debit card transactions, using the information that you provide. PatientPay may share Personal Information, including your Payment Information, with such third parties for the purpose of enabling such parties to provide such services.
- Required by Law. If we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, warrant, administrative order, civil investigative demand, subpoena or other valid legal process, PatientPay may disclose information about you such as IP addresses, personally identifiable information or any contents of PatientPay, or when PatientPay has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Other. Subject to our compliance with applicable law, we may disclose any messages or other information that you transmit for the purposes of (i) enforcing the Terms and Conditions of this Site as agreed to by you; (ii) complying with any laws, regulations or rules of any federal, state or local government or agency; (iii) responding to claims that any messages or other information violate the rights of third parties; or (iv) protecting the rights or property of PatientPay, its affiliates, its customers and the public.
Note that any Personal Information which you post to a public message board or chat area becomes public information and you grant PatientPay a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to reproduce, display, publish, modify, distribute and create derivative works of such messages or data. You may always opt not to divulge your Personal Information to the public when posting to a message board or chat area.
PatientPay may share Aggregate Information with its partners or other third parties.Do I get to choose what information I disclose?
Yes, you can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and preferred user ID, you will not be able to register, limiting your access to certain portions of this Site. Further, your use of some of the applications and services may also be restricted if you choose not to disclose information necessary for billing purposes.Your Choices
Upon registration, you may opt not to receive future notification by e-mail from PatientPay regarding events and new products. If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive such notices, you may indicate this preference on your personal profile by selecting the "Preferences" menu option from the 'My Settings' menu.A Special Note About Children
Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any Personal Information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.External Links
This Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information provided on this Site. PatientPay uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for this Site to provide security during transmissions of Personal Information. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we have security measures in place to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this Site. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below. In addition, we request that you do not send Personal Information to us by email. Instead, please use the online forms within the Site. We cannot protect the security of your emails before they reach us.What if I need to change the Personal Information I previously disclosed?
You may change your information at any time. We encourage registered users to keep their Personal Information current. You can update your Personal Information by selecting the 'Account Information' menu option under the 'My Settings' menu. Changes to your Personal Information may be made only through the Site.Updates to the PatientPay Privacy Statement
We may change or update this Site or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. We will post a notice on this Site to advise you of any significant changes to the PatientPay Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of this statement when it was most recently updated.Whom can I contact if I have any questions regarding my privacy?
If you have any questions or comments regarding your privacy at PatientPay you should first submit a request for information at email@example.com.